But she sings at home all the time!


How often you hear a parent after being told their child isn't singing in class as much as you'd like say to you "But she sings at home all the time!"


I never bought that scenario.

It's time to apologize to any parent I suspected of fabricating that story.  I now know exactly what they were saying.

I take care of my just turned 2yr. old grand daughter twice a week. We go to a terrific music class once a week for 45 minutes of sing along, dancing and fun. (Here's a link.") So she dances a little, loves to be there, has a great time- but she's not singing!  Now I swear to you, the girl sings in her sleep. She sings as soon as she wakes up. She sings and makes up songs all day long. She's probably the best singer at her age I've ever met. But she isn't singing with her group! And I'm good with that.

There's no need to ever make singing less than a joyful experience. I'm happy to know how good she is and look forward to the day that she's confident enough to share her talent.

Here's a list of songs I would share with PreK & Kindergarten parents.


Popular Posts