It's Snowing Outside

When I was teaching we would write songs all the time. Now I'm making up songs together with my grand daughter. It's just as much fun, only different.


In the classroom we had 2 purposes at hand. First, we're having fun. Second, we're learning how to read music.

Singing with the kids were a great way to know what's working. They would help write lyrics and together we'd write the words out. Then, notate the melody. When we felt good about it, we'd record the class singing the new song. Then upload it to one of several on-line options. Sometimes YouTube, sometimes to our class web pages. Today, many of those songs can be accessed at our Bandcamp page. 

Yesterday, while walking my ancient pooch, I heard a song from a few years back. I realized that I never got around to posting it. So I made a quick lead sheet for it this morning and will share it now.


Popular Posts